Large Scale Sports Infrastructure Fund
The Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport has announced the ‘Large Scale Sport Infrastructure Fund’. This is a capital allocation of at least €100m over the period 2019 to 2027 for the entire country. The funding is aimed at National Governing Bodies (NGBs) as well as Local Authorities.
Clare County Council is seeking expressions of interest from sporting bodies, clubs and voluntary organisations to submit joint projects for funding under this scheme that will increase:
- participation in sports
- interest in sports
- improve standards
- develop sport facilitates
Expressions of interest are now being sought to be considered to be put forward for funding.
Further details on the outline of the Scheme are available on the The Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport website.
Please forward detailed proposal to:
"LSSIF Expression of Interest"
Social Development Directorate
Clare County Council
Áras Contae an Chláir
The closing date for completed Expressions of Interest forms is 3:00 p. m. on Friday 8th March 2019.
Expressions of Interest received after this date will not be accepted.
Synopsis and requirements of the Fund:
- The scheme is initially open to applications from National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and Local Authorities (LAs).
- The scheme will consist of two streams. Stream One, which is aimed at smaller NGBs and Local Authorities, will help fund the development of proposals to tender stage. Stream Two will assist applicants to bring projects from tender stage to completion.
- The scheme will require a minimum contribution of 30% from applicants toward the cost of any works/design.
- The scheme encourages multi-functional sports facilities that will serve more than one sport. Sharing between sports, NGBs and LAs is encouraged and such projects will be viewed more favourably.
- The existing Local Authority Swimming Pool Programme is closed for new applications and any proposed funding for swimming pools will be considered under the LSSIF
In considering investment in infrastructure, priority will be given to projects that:
- Can be identified as a priority within a local authority’s development plan and strategic vision, demonstrating cross-sector collaboration and clearly identified local priorities.
- Can be identified as a priority of an NGB in its strategy for the development of active participation, social participation and improvement of high performance in the sport it governs e.g. development centres.
- Are multi-functional in nature and cater for a number of sports and other activities.
- Provide facilities that are open to the general public.
- Meet the needs of a mixed group of clubs and associations.
- Prioritise the needs of disadvantaged areas and groups including people with disabilities.
- Require funding for the development of capital infrastructure (new build, modernisation or refurbishment) and major fixed equipment where it is an integral part of a project.
- Are located on a site(s) where the applicant holds ownership or long-term lease with at least 25 years remaining.
- Are seeking a grant of at least €300,000 under Stream two.
- Identify confirmed capital partnership funding (30%) for the project from the applicant and/or other parties (not state funded).
- Provide and demonstrate a commitment and financial management strategy to effectively manage the facility.
- Address the potential for delivery of sustainable energy conservation for the facility and promote sustainable travel.
- New swimming pool projects will also be considered
- Do not include costs for non-fixed equipment which are not covered by this fund.
- Projects with already committed expenditure cannot be considered.
Returns will be considered and the successful projects to be submitted by Clare County Council to the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport under the Large Scale Infrastructure Fund will be generated following a determination of the eligibility criteria subject to meeting the criteria of the fund.
Page last reviewed: 08/02/19Back to top
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.