Scariff Public Library
- Extensive range of books for adults and children .
- Comprehensive collection of CDs and DVDs.
- Magazines and newspapers.
- Adult and Teenage bookclubs.
- IT skills training.
- Free public access Internet PCs with Open Office suite
- Free WiFi
- Self-service Printing, Scanning and Photocopying
- Community noticeboard.
- Study space.
- Exhibition Space
- Writer's Group.
- Scrabble Club
- Film Club
- Toddler and Children's Storytime
- Acitvities and events for children and adults.
- Class visits.
- Knitting Group
Adult Book Club
Book Club meetings are held monthly. New members are always welcome. More information
‘The Writers Moon’ group meet monthly in the library. The group is open to writers of all genres and new members are always welcome. Scrabble Club Scrabble club meetings are held every Monday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Scrabble boards and tea/coffee will be provided. All levels welcome.
Screenings take place monthly.This is a free event and all are welcome. Please contact the library for more infomation.
Toddler Fun Time
Parents/carers and toddlers are welcome for storytelling, songs, fun and toys in the library. Tea/coffee for carers. Every Thursday 10.30 -12
Storytime for children each Thursday at 3.30p.m. This is a free event and all are welcome.
'A Circle of Stitches'
Weekly knitting and crochet group will meet in Scariff Library every Wednesday from 10.00 -1.30. Come along for a knit and a natter. This is a free event and all are welcome for a sharing of all things stitchy!
Teacht le Chéile le Gaeilge Irish Conversation GroupGach Ré Déardaoin ag 6.30i.n. - 8 i.n. Every second Thursday from 6.30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Teacht le Chéile le Gaeilge: comhrá, comhluadar, agus cupán! Irish conversation group: for company, a chat and a cuppa! Bain triail as, tá fáilte roimh chách! Give it a try, everyone is welcome!
Internet and Email for Beginners
Wednesdays 11.00am - 12.00pm These drop-in classes take place each week for one hour and are run by library staff, and provide an introduction to the Internet and Email. Sessions are free of charge. Phone Scariff Library on 061 922893 for more information.
Introduction to Online Resources
Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Library staff will explain how to access our various online resources such as Mango Languages (learn over 70 languages online) and Universal Class (free access to over 400 online courses in various subjects). E-books and e-audiobooks are also available through Borrowbox and online magazines through Zinio. Sessions are free of charge and everyone is welcome. Phone Scariff Library on 061 922893 for more information.
Scariff Public Library
- Saturday 24th December: Closed
- Sunday 25th December: Closed
- Monday 26th December: Closed
- Tuesday 27th December: Closed
- Wednesday 28th December: Closed
- Thursday 29th December: Closed
- Friday 30th December: Open as normal
- Saturday 31st January: Closed
- Monday 2nd January: Closed
- Tuesday 3rd January: Open as normal