Shannon Seán Lemass Public Library
- Extensive range of books for adults and children .
- Comprehensive collection of CDs and DVDs.
- Magazines and newspapers.
- Story-time for children.
- Adult and Children's bookclubs.
- Scrabble club.
- IT skills training.
- Free public access Internet PCs with Open Office suite
- Free WiFi.
- Self-service Kiosks
- Self-service Printing, Scanning and Photocopying
- Community noticeboard.
- Study space.
- Acitvities and events for children and adults.
- Class visits
- Toy and Sensory Resource Collection
The Internet and Email for Beginners
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m.
These drop-in classes take place each week for one hour and are run by library staff, and provide an introduction to the Internet and Email. Sessions are free of charge.
Introduction to Online Resources
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Library staff will explain how to access our various online resources such as Mango Languages (learn over 70 languages online) and Universal Class (free access to over 400 online courses in various subjects). E-books and e-audiobooks are also available through Borrowbox and online magazines through Zinio.
Storytime for children
Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. for children age 4 - 6 years.
Scrabble Club for Adults
Held weekly on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
Adult Book Club
Book Club meetings are held monthly. New members are always welcome.
Children's Book Club
A reading group for children which meets monthly (apart from summer months) to discuss books chosen in advance by library staff and the children themselves.
Map of location
Sean Lemass Library
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.