Covid-19 (Coronavirus) service update 7th October, 2020
As of October 7th, 2020, the following opening hours and procedures will apply at customer service desks at Clare County Council office locations:
- Áras Contae an Chláir, Ennis: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and by appointment from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (access via car park at rear of building)
- Killaloe Municipal District (MD) office, Scarriff: 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and by appointment from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- West Clare MD offices, Ennistymon and Kilrush: 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m., and by appointment from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Shannon MD office: 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and by appointment from 1:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m
These opening hours will apply Monday-Friday. The public are asked to comply with all measures in place and to be mindful of the public health guidelines when visiting Council offices.
As of October 7th, all counties including Clare have been placed on Level 3 under the Government’s Plan for Living with Covid-19.
This action is based on a review of the current public health advice and is in response to the deteriorating situation with the virus across the country.
All counties will be at Level 3 for a period of three weeks until midnight on 27th October, 2020, at which point the situation will be reviewed by the Government, based on the status of the virus and public health advice.
Clare County Council will continue to provide services in accordance with public health guidelines during this period. Members of the public are requested to note the following:
- Where services can be delivered by telephone, email, post or online, Clare County Council strongly encourages people to avail of these options to reduce the numbers attending at Council offices. The public are reminded that motor tax services are available online at www.motortax.ie.
- Face coverings must be worn by members of the public who attend at Council buildings.
- Parks and playgrounds will remain open while activities are reduced to maximum pods of 15 for non-contact training outdoors at John O'Sullivan Park, Tim Smythe Park and Active Kilrush facilities.
- Active Ennis Leisure Complex is open and operational under Level 3 guidelines. Under the guidelines, leisure centres and swimming pools remain open for individual training only. can book and pay for a one-hour slot in the gym or pool over the phone only on (065) 6821604. Please continue to wear face coverings into reception and until you begin your activity. For further information visit www.activeennis.ie
- All branch libraries will reduce services to 'call and collect' – the public cannot visit the library but can ring ahead to book their stock picks, which can then be collected at the library door. The cocooning book delivery service to those most at risk from Covid-19 will continue. For further information visit www.clarelibrary.ie
- The Local Studies Centre will close to the public but will be available by phone. The County Museum will close until further notice. All performances, events, gatherings and activities in glór will be cancelled (or postponed, where possible) until further notice.
- People must stay in their county apart from work, education and other essential purposes, if appropriate.
For further information, please contact our Customer Services team on (065) 6821616, email email@example.com or visit www.clarecoco.ie/services
Page last reviewed: 07/10/20Back to top
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.