Lisdeen recycling centre and transfer station
- All food and putrescible refuse must be contained in approved bags.
- Children accompanying adults to a recycling centres must be strictly supervised at all times. If this is not possible children must remain in the vehicle.
- CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and recycling centres. It is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997 - 2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles.
- In the event that bring banks are full, please call Freephone 1800 606 706.
You can recycle these items here
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Small quantities of clean green waste e.g. fresh grass cutting and fresh hedge clippings. Green waste must be presented in small containers, loose materials cannot be accommodated.
You can bring these items here free of charge (householders)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
- Textiles (must be dry and clean)
You cannot bring these waste categories here
The following waste categories are banned from the transfer station:
- Toxic, dangerous and hazardous wastes
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic (View farm plastic recycling facilities )
- Bulky wastes
- Tyres (View tyre recycling)
Map of location
Longitude: -9.613571 Latitude: 52.670233
Charges for recyclables
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (maximum 1.2 cu. m / 42 cu. ft) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply- €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small trailer is defined as less than 1.8 m / 6 ft long and less than 0.6 m / 2 ft high.
Waste disposal charges
- €20.00 – Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €14.00 – Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- ** Up to 12 bags €7.00 per bag inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- + Car, or car-based van or 4WD
- €140.00 - small trailer (max 1.2 cu.m. / 42 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €260.00 - medium trailer (max 4.0 cu.m. / 140 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van - €260.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €260.00 - low sides up to 0.6 m / 2 ft. high inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €420.00 - high side inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van / Pickup and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m./ 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Tractor and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m / 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
Trucks, refuse freighters, skips are not allowed at Lisdeen Recycling Centre and Transfer Stations
+ Smaller trailer is defined as less that 1.8 m / 6 ft long and less that 0.6 m/ 2 ft high
** Bag equivalents – bag is defined as 40-50 litres (760 mm / 30 inches high “swing bin” liners and equivalent). Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and / or by other means.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licenced facility elsewhere. The final disposal also includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €75.00 per tonne.
VAT is at 13.5%.Back to top
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.(CLOSED BANK HOLIDAYS)
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.