Clare Covid Heroes
The valuable contribution made by people in Clare to help and support others during Covid-19 is being celebrated through an initiative of the Office of the Cathaoirleach.
Cllr Mary Howard, Cathaoirleach, Clare County Council, is inviting nominations to the ‘Clare Covid Heroes’ initiative, which will see heroes in our communities receive a special certificate of commendation.
Nominations for all good deeds provided in a non-professional capacity are welcome under this initiative.
Examples of gestures that may be considered under this initiative include:
- collecting or delivering messages for a vulnerable neighbour or family member;
- checking in on neighbours in isolated parts of the county;
- providing assistance with online shopping or services for elderly people who may not be enabled to use technology;
- visiting others in a socially distant way, in line with public health guidelines;
- or simply staying in contact by phone with a vulnerable member of the community to check if there is anything they need.
All nominations will be reviewed and considered by the 'Clare Covid Heroes' panel.
Nominations of 150 words or less may be submitted to email@example.com or by post to:
Clare Covid Heroes,
Office of the Cathaoirleach,
Clare County Council,
Áras Contae an Chláir,
Page last reviewed: 26/03/21Back to top