Renew your motor tax
You can renew your motor tax 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online
You will need:
- To log on to www.motortax.ie
- Credit or debit card
- An email address
- Motor insurance details
- PIN number - this is printed on the renewal form sent to you from the Dept of Transport or may be obtained by clicking the "PIN Retrieval" button on www.motortax.ie. The last six digits of your vehicle registration certificate number can be used as your PIN. This number begins with C and is printed on the front cover of the VRC in the top right hand corner. The last 6 digits can be used as your PIN.
For queries in relation to the online motor tax service call 0818 411 412 or Email: email@example.com
You will need:
- RF 100B - the reminder issued by the Dept of Transport or a motor tax renewal form RF100A and at the motor tax office.
- Your insurance company name, expiry date of policy and policy number.
- The fee
- Ennis motor tax requirements for the 1st taxing of a commercial vehicle less than 3,500kgs
- If yours is a goods vehicle, you may require a Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test, if the previous test is expired. Goods vehicles can't be taxed unless they have a current CVRT. Further information may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority on www.rsa.ie.
You can renew four (4) weeks before the current disc expires - you don't have to wait until the current disc expires. The renewal will be from the expiry date, so you will not lose out. The busiest days of every month are the last two days of each month and the first two days of each month.
Page last reviewed: 17/04/20Back to top
Áras Contae an Chláir
- Monday - Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed
- Motor Tax services also available online or by submitting a postal application to this office.