Notice of Intention to Extend the Duration of the Existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as Varied)
Submission deadline: Friday October 29, 2021
Pursuant to the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2021 and Section 11D of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, Clare County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to extend the duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied) up to the 29th of April 2023.
The extension of duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied) is necessary in order to provide a further period of time, of up to 7 months, to complete the review of the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied) and to prepare and make a new Clare County Development Plan for the functional area of Clare County Council.
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appropriate Assessment
In compliance with the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2021 and Section 11D(2) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, the Planning Authority has carried out Screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) in considering the extension of duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied), in accordance with the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive(2001/42/EC) and pursuant to Article 13B of the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I. No.436 of 2004), as amended.
Screening for appropriate assessment has also been carried out in considering the extension of duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied), in accordance with the requirements of Article 6(3) of the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and Section 177U of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended. In accordance with Section 177U it has been determined by the Competent Authority that appropriate assessment is not required.
Clare County Council hereby invite any interested parties to make submissions or observations with respect to the proposed extension of the duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017–2023 (as varied).
Submissions/observations may be made during the period from Friday 1st October 2021 to 4pm on Friday 29th of October 2021 inclusive. Submissions/observations will be taken into consideration before a decision is made as to whether or not to extend the duration of the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 (as varied).
A copy of the relevant environmental assessments referred to above can be viewed on Clare County Council’s website https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/planning/ccdp2017-2023 and may be inspected between normal working hours, subject to public health advice, from Friday 1st October 2021 to 4pm on Friday 29th of October 2021 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations:
- Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis.
- Shannon Municipal District Office, Town Hall, Shannon.
- West Clare Municipal District Office, Town Hall, The Square, Kilrush.
- Ennistymon Area Office, Ennis Road, Ennistymon.
- Killaloe Municipal District Office, Mountshannon Road, Scarriff.
- All public libraries in County Clare during opening hours.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Submissions/observations should include your name and may include address and details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please be advised that all submissions received may be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and will be summarised in the Chief Executive’s Report, which will be published. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission may be published in full.
- Please make your submission by one medium only i.e., in hard copy or via email. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process.
A submission/observation can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- In writing to: Extension of Duration of Development Plan, Planning Department, Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis, Co Clare V95 DXP2
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject headline should read “Extension of Duration of Development Plan”
The deadline for receipt of submissions/observations is 4pm on Friday 29th of October 2021. Please note late submissions will not be considered.
If you have any queries or require more detail, please contact the Forward Planning Section by email at: email@example.com or by phone at 065-6846451.
Clare County Council
Áras Contae an Chláir
New Road, Ennis
Page last updated: 30/09/21Back to top