Road transportation charges
Road opening licence charges - Longitudinal and transverse openings
- Carriageway / footpath: €17.50 / metre / square metre
- Grass verge: Within 1 metre of carriageway edge €6.00 / metre / square metre
- Grass verge: Greater than 1 metre from carriageway edge €2.50 / metre / square metre
- Median, fields, lawns: €2.50 / metre / square metre
- Minimum fee: €200
Large schemes: The local authority reserves the right to review charges for large schemes
Reductions to charges: If road openings are completed prior to local authority overlay works then a reduction in fees may apply at the discretion of the local authority.
Penalties: If road openings are carried out within 5 years of local authority overlay works then penalties may apply at the discretion of the local authority. Penalties will generally involve either full road width or half road width reinstatement.
Full width road reinstatement: Full width road reinstatement may be agreed / required by the local authority transportation department in certain circumstances (e.g. narrow roads, roads with poor base or sub-base courses).
Abnormal load permits
- Single return load: €78.00
- Six month permit: €505.00
Taking in charge of roads and services
- Certificates for taking in charge of roads and services: €74.00
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.