Kilkee Flood Relief Scheme
In the third quarter of 2019 Clare County Council in partnership with the OPW ran a competition using the OPW framework for Engineering Consultancy Services for the Kilkee Flood Relief Scheme.
Following assessment of the returned tenders in October 2019, Jeremy Benn Associates Ltd and JB Barry & Partners Ltd were identified as the successful tenderer and were subsequently awarded the contract in December 2019.
The outline Scheme Area for this project is the town of Kilkee which has a history of flooding that can be from fluvial, coastal, pluvial sources or a combination of all three. The Shannon CFRAM study identified Kilkee as an Area for Further Assessment (AFA) and concluded that a flood relief scheme would be viable and effective for the community. The consultants will progress the engineering and environmental elements of the project throughout the following five stages:
- Stage I: Option Assessment, Scheme Development and Design,
- Stage II: Planning / Development Consent Process,
- Stage III: Detailed Construction Design, Compilation of Work Packages and the preparation of Tenders for Contracts,
- Stage IV: Construction Supervision & Project Management Services,
- Stage V: Handover of Works
Further information on the scheme is available on the project website www.kilkeefrs.ie
Page last reviewed: 25/03/20Back to top
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.