N67/N85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blakes Corner)
N67/N85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blakes Corner) has been developed to address the serious traffic congestion issues through Ennistymon Town.
The proposed N67/N85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blake’s Corner) involves the construction of a new bridge approximately 80m upstream of the existing Michael Conway Bridge. The existing bridge, a protected 7-arch masonry bridge, will be pedestrianised to allow pedestrian and cyclist access only, and a plaza will be constructed at the western end. The scheme will include other enhancements to the area, including footpath improvements and enhanced crossing arrangements, landscaping, lighting and services enhancements, and other ancillary elements. The scheme will improve the capacity of the road network and will improve road safety, while conserving and complementing the historic fabric of the town.
The scheme has been developed to address the serious traffic congestion issues through Ennistymon town. A review of previous studies of the junction at Blake’s Corner, a traffic modelling assessment of the improvement options and a design of an improvement scheme have all been carried out to find the most appropriate solution to deal with the long-standing traffic problems in Ennistymon.
On 20th September 2022, An Bord Pleanála approved without modifications the compulsory purchase order to acquire the land and extinguish the public and private rights of way necessary to construct the N67/85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blake’s Corner).
- An Bord Pleanala Inspector's Report [PDF, 279KB]
- An Bord Pleanala Order [PDF, 260KB]
- An Bord Pleanala Direction [PDF, 130KB]
- N67/N85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blake's Corner) Compulsory Purchase Order 2020 As Confirmed [PDF, 1MB]
- N67/N85 Inner Relief Road, Ennistymon (Blakes's Corner) Compulsory Purchase Order 2020 - Notice of Confirmation of CPO [PDF, 1MB]
- Deposit Map for N67/N85 Inner Relief Road Ennistymon (Blake’s Corner) Compulsory Purchase Order 2020
- 307413 An Bord Pleanála pleanala.ie
Compulsory Purchase Order 2020
A copy of the order, the deposit map and advert may be download below.
Page last reviewed: 06/10/22Back to top
Áras Contae an Chláir
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.