Community Recognition Fund
The Department of Rural and Community Development and Clare County Council are pleased to invite Expressions of Interest for funding under the Community Recognition Fund 2023.
The fund is designed to specifically support communities across the county in Local Electoral Areas/Communities/Towns/Villages that have links to those areas with the highest level of new arrivals of Ukraine beneficiaries and / or International Protection Applicants.
The fund aims to support the development of facilities that will be used in the future by all members of the community.
Expression of Interest are invited from community groups who have links to one or more of the following host locations and who can demonstrate the benefits of the project in that location: Ballyvaughan, Bodyke, Bunratty, Clarecastle, Doolin, Ennis, Flagmount, Kilkee, Killaloe, Kilrush, Lahinch, Liscannor, Lisdoonvarna, Meelick, Newmarket-on-Fergus, Shannon.
Expressions of Interest can be submitted online using the following link: https://clarecoco.submit.com from Thursday 9th February 2023
Funding will be provided under two streams:
Stream 1: Small Scale Capital Projects: Grants up to €2,000
The focus of this stream is on provision of funding for the:
- Purchase of equipment for local clubs, festivals, community events and organisations
Equipment must be purchased and all costs incurred by 30th September 2023.
Stream 2: Large Scale Capital Projects: Grants over €2,000
The focus of this stream is on large scale capital projects. Projects should be shovel ready with all planning and other consents in place or at an advanced stage at the time of funding approval. 60% of project costs must be expended by 30th September 2023 with the project completed in full and all remaining expenditure incurred by 1st October 2024.
The type of projects eligible for funding are as follows:
- Development, enhancement or refurbishment of community or cultural facilities including play areas, walkways, parks, community/sensory gardens including communication boards, allotments, and recreational areas;
- Development, enhancement or refurbishment of local club and sports facilities including facilities such as community swimming pools, changing rooms, toilets, digital aids such as score / information boards etc.;
- Enhancement to school/parish facilities which are open to use by all of the community after school hours;
- Transport infrastructure such as the purchase of community vehicles, bus shelters and attendant information boards; and
- Purchase and refurbishment of buildings and/or the purchase of land for the development of community facilities such as play areas/ MUGAs or town parks/ community gardens, recreational areas etc. for community use where a clear need is identified.
Selection of projects under the scheme will be by means of a competitive process with up to 100% funding. Expression of Interest received by Clare County Council will be assessed and short-listed based on the eligibility criteria and the information provided in the application so sufficient information must be provided as requested in the form. Priority will be given to those projects that can demonstrate the ability to be of benefit to the wider community and can be completed within the required timeframes. Clare County Council will be submitting an overall proposal to the Department of Rural and Community Development which will include the eligible projects. The final decision on funding rests with the Department of Rural and Community Development.
In order to support Communities who may wish to apply for funding. Clare Co. Council Rural & Community Development Officers will be facilitating the following walk-in information clinics which will be held across the County at the following locations and times:
- Tuesday 14th February
- Pavilion Community Hall, Lisdoonvarna: 10:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Elliott Centre Kilkee: 2:30p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday 16th February
- Treacys Oakwood Hotel, Shannon 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Buttermarket Civic Room, Ennis: 2:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Scariff Municipal District Council Area Office, Scariff 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m
The closing date for receipt of Expressions of Interest is 4pm Wednesday the 22nd February 2023.
Page last reviewed: 01/02/23Back to top
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.