Skip to main content

Leasing or selling residential property to Clare County Council

8 May 2017

Have you a residential property you wish to sell or lease?

Clare County Council hereby invites residential property owners to sell or lease their properties to Clare County Council. The Council is looking to buy or lease houses and apartments in areas of housing need. Any property will be considered provided it meets or can meet the minimum standards for rental properties. There are two options for property owners interested in leasing;

  1. Long term Lease Arrangements (10-20 years)
  2. Availability Arrangements (1-10 years)

Why let your property to Clare County Council?

  • A guaranteed rent even when the property is vacant
  • Escape the hassle of collecting rent and finding a new tenant.
  • No day-to-day maintenance responsibilities under long term lease arrangements.
  • Avoid advertising costs.

How do I make a proposal to Clare County Council?

Landlords who are interested in selling or leasing their properties can request a proposal form by calling into the Housing Department at New Road, Ennis.
E-mail from 
Telephoning 065-6846553 or by downloading the Selling and leasing proposal form below. 

You'll find further information in the Lease or sell your house page.

Page last updated: 08/05/17

Back to top