Skip to main content

Leasing or selling residential property to Clare County Council

Have you a residential property you wish to sell or lease?

We are seeking to buy or lease houses and apartments in areas with a housing need. We will consider any property that meets or can meet the minimum standards for rental properties and is located where there is a housing need. A new Buy and Renew Scheme has been introduced and the focus is on purchasing older stock in urban areas with a view to reducing the number of derelict properties and improving streetscapes. If you wish to sell or lease your property to the council under this scheme please complete form provided below.

Under the Social Leasing Scheme, property owners can enter Availability Arrangements for 5 to 10 years.

Why let your property to Clare County Council?

  • A guaranteed rent, even when the property is vacant
  • Escape the hassle of collecting rent and finding a new tenant
  • Avoid advertising costs

How do I make a proposal to Clare County Council?

If you are interested in selling or leasing a property, please download and complete the selling and leasing proposal form below. You can also request a proposal form by calling into the Housing Department at Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis.

Page last reviewed: 18/05/22

Back to top