Clare County Council's aim is to enhance the quality of life for the people of County Clare through the provision of appropriate housing support to those in need.
Applying for Social Housing Support
In order to qualify, you must be eligible for social housing, and you must be in need.
- Need: The applicant must be in genuine need of social housing support and be unable to provide accommodation from their own resources.
- Local connection: The applicant must reside or have a local area connection in Clare.
- Right to stay: The applicant must have the right to stay and live in Ireland.
- Age: The applicant must be aged 18 years or older.
- Income: The household's net income in the 12 months prior to your application must not exceed the thresholds below.
Social Housing Support Application Form must be completed and returned with all relevant documents.
Please note, only fully completed application forms with all supporting documentation will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be returned, unprocessed.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision on eligibility for social housing support within a period of 12 weeks. This timeframe can be extended additional information is required. You must submit the addititional information in the required timeframe, or your application may be refused.
If you are eligible for social housing, priority status for housing may be awarded if the following three criteria apply to your household:
- You or someone in your household has a disability or a medical condition and
- The current accommodation is not suitable to meet the needs of the person with a disability or medical condition and
- A change in housing will improve or stabilise the circumstances of the person with a disability or medical condition.
You must submit the HMD Form 1 below.
Page last reviewed: 18/12/23Back to top