Information about traffic fines for parking infringements in County Clare and methods of payment for traffic fines.
Traffic fines are issued for parking infringements at Ennis, Kilrush, Ennistymon and Lahinch by a full time traffic warden. Clare County Council also appoints traffic wardens at Miltown Malbay and Kilkee from May to September inclusive. Fines can also be issued in relation to traffic enforcement at the Cliffs of Moher.
How to pay a traffic fine
- Pay online
- Paying at your local office
- Sending payment by post
- Paying by debit or credit card
- Paying by cheque or bank draft
- Paying by bank transfer
You can pay a fine online on this website. Fines are generally available for payment online two working days after the date of issue.
Proceed to pay online.
Paying at your local office
You can pay a fine by cash, postal order, debit/credit card or cheque/draft at any of the following offices:
- Central Cash Office, Áras Contae an Cláir, New Road, Ennis - Telephone: (065) 6821616
- Ennistymon Service Centre, Ennis Road, Ennistymon - Telephone (065) 7071017
- Shannon Municipal District, Town Hall, Shannon - Telephone (061) 362319
- Kilrush Municipal District, Town Hall, Kilrush - Telephone (065) 9051047
- Killaloe Municipal District, Mountshannon Road, Scarriff - Telephone (061) 640815
View maps of office locations.
Opening hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Sending payment by post
You can pay by post by sending a cheque, postal order or bank draft to any of the offices listed above.
Include the parking fine number and fine location (both printed on the fine) as well as your name and address so that a receipt can be issued.
If sending cash by post, we recommend that you send the payment by registered post.
Paying by debit or credit card
Please telephone (065) 6821616 and have the following information available:
- The parking fine number and fine location (both printed on the fine)
- Type of credit card
- Card number
- Expiry date
- Security code for credit cards
- Your name and address so that a receipt may be issued.
Paying by cheque or bank draft
- Make the cheque/bank draft payable to "Clare County Council"
- Include the parking fine number and fine location (both printed on the fine) with the payment
- Ensure to cross the cheque/bank draft
- Include your name and address so that a receipt may be issued.
- You can pay by cheque in person at any of the offices listed above or by sending your cheque by post to any of the offices listed above
- Please note, we can only accept cheques/bank drafts drawn on an Irish Clearing Bank. Non Irish cheques/bank drafts cannot be accepted
Paying by bank transfer
- Pay the fine to the bank account number: 29632048
- Bank: Allied Irish Bank, Bank Place, Ennis, Co. Clare. Ireland.
- Sort Code: 93 53 87
- IBAN: IE32AIBK 9353 8729 6320 48 BIC AIB KIE 2D
- Specify the amount of the fine
- Specify the parking fine number and fine location (both printed on the fine)
- Once you have made payment to your bank please send an email to email@example.com confirming that the traffic fine has been paid and quoting the both the fine number and location (printed on the fine)
Queries in relation to fines
If you have a query in relation to a fine please contact:
Clare County Council,
Telephone: (065) 6821616
If a parking ticket has been paid in error or has been paid twice, a refund may be arranged. Refunds are decided on a case by case basis. To apply for a refund, write to the:
Clare County Council,
Page last reviewed: 25/06/14Back to top
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.