Skip to main content

Housing and accommodation

You can get help with getting somewhere to stay if you need it at the reception centre at Dublin Airport or Rosslare Port. You can also go to a Ukraine Support Centre if you are in Cork, Limerick or Dublin. Further information on Support Centres is available online.

If you are already in Ireland, you can also email the International Protection Accommodation Service (IPAS) at

Include the following information in your email:

  • The full name of anyone who needs accommodation
  • Dates of birth
  • Phone number
  • Where you are now (the full address if you have one)
  • When you need the accommodation (for example, from tonight)
  • Medical conditions, disabilities, allergies and dietary requirements.

Rent Support

Rent Supplement is a means-tested payment for certain people living in private rented accommodation who cannot provide for the cost of their accommodation from their own resources.

Displaced Ukrainians who have relocated to Ireland, and are covered by the Temporary Protection Directive, may apply for Rent Supplement payment to help them meet the cost of private rented accommodation.

If you are applying for Rent Supplement you should contact the Department of Social Protection's representative at your Local Intreo Centres. Completed applications are processed by Mid West Rent Unit – based in Limerick.

Page last reviewed: 11/08/23

Back to top