On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), (EU) 2016/679 [PDF, 1MB] came into direct legal effect. The GDPR will harmonise data protection and privacy for all individuals within the EU, in addition to giving a greater level of control to citizens and residents over their personal data.
Please note that Clare County Council is currently in the process of preparing the specific privacy notices and links will become live on finalisation of the documents. In the meantime if you have any questions about your personal data please contact us.
We have updated the our Privacy Statement which sets out how Clare County Council looks after your personal data. It informs you of our obligations and your rights under data protection law.
What are we doing?
Clare County Council has a proactive approach to the implementation of the GDPR. The existing data protection policies and privacy notices are under review and will be continually updated and expanded to include the various business functions/services throughout the organisation.
Individuals who wish to exercise their rights, including to obtain a copy of personal data should apply in writing to the data protection officer of Clare County Council. Sample letters are provided below if you wish to use them.
Page last reviewed: 06/05/22Back to top
- Open Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Closed - Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Housing - Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and by appointment only from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Motor Tax: Open Monday - Friday 9.15 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
- Cash Office, Planning, Environment, Transportation, Local Enterprise Office: Open Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Customer Services: Open Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Homeless Action Team by appointment only
This is just for feedback on our web site, not comments or questions about our services.
To tell us about anything else, go to our contact us pages.